h bring some elements of nature. what about repainting the living—room in primrose yellow?
莫莉:我觉得整个房都需要重新粉刷。我喜田园风格的,这样能给我们带来一些自然元素。你觉得把客厅刷成淡黄怎么样?
king: great minds think alike. and we also ask someoo draicture on the wall.
金:英雄所见略同。我们也可以找人来帮我们在墙上画一幅画。
molly: i think a crystal delier would look great in our living—room, and maybe some new curtains for the windows.
莫莉:在客厅里装一盏晶吊灯会很漂亮,另外还需要一些新窗帘装饰窗。
king: no problem. you be in charge of going to curtain shops to choose curtains. having good curtains made isn't cheap.
金:没问题,你可以负责去窗帘店挑窗帘。要订好的窗帘可不便宜。
molly: why 't we just buy curtains already made?
莫莉:为什么我们不能买已经好的窗帘?
king: absolutely not. the windows must be measured, and then the curtaio be made specially.
金:绝对不行。必须先量好这些窗,再专门制窗帘。
molly: ok, leave it to me.
莫莉:好,给我吧。
king: perhaps we could buy some potted plants for the dining room. and i think it's better to paint the dining room in e or yellow to increase our appetite.
金:也许我们可以买些盆栽装饰餐厅。我认为把餐厅粉刷成橙或者黄比较好,这样可以增加。
molly: great! paint it e, ok?
莫莉:这个主意太了!把餐厅刷成橙怎么样?
king: i 't agree with you any more.
金:非常赞同。
ote
1. rural ['ru:r?l] adj. 农村的
2. primrose ['primr?uz] n. 报;淡黄;adj. 如樱草般淡黄泽的;乐的
3. great minds think alike. 英雄所见略同。
4. delier [???ndi'li?] n. 枝形吊灯(烛台)
5. potted ['p?tid] adj. 盆栽的,罐装的,摘要的;(俚)喝醉的
小贴士
decorate, remodel, redo, upgrade词义辨析:
本章未完,点击下一页继续阅读