第一堂
初涉职场
01 猎取工作不容易
制作简历学问大
dialogue
john is going to send his resume to a pany. and he asks tom for some advice.
约翰想把简历发到一家公司,于是他向汤姆征求建议。
john: i am going to send my resume to the human resources department. could you do me a favor and proofread it?
约翰:我准备把简历投到人力资源部,你能帮忙看看,有哪些地方需要修改吗?
tom: of course! let me have a look. well, i think you should add another se.
汤姆:好的,我看一下。嗯,我觉得你应该再添加一条。
john: which se?
约翰:哪一条?
tom: i know you speak japanese, why don't you as well put that on your resume?
汤姆:我知道你会讲日语,为什么不把这点写在简历上呢?
john: but languages have nothing to do with my major.
约翰:但是语言跟我的专业没多大联系。
tom: people would be impressed by your language abilities and human resources directors want to see more of a well-rounded person in a resume.
汤姆:你的语言能力能给人留下印象,而且人力资源部门的领导也希望通过简历能对一个多才多艺的人有更多的了解。
john: the resume is just a piece of paper. they tell what kind of person i am through it?
约翰:简历只是一张纸,他们能从上面看出我是怎样的一个人吗?
tom: as a job hunter, it is important to impress others, and the resume be helpful in giving a good impression to a potential employer.
汤姆:作为一名求职者,重要的是给人留下深刻的印象,而简历能帮你给潜在的雇主留下一个好印象。
ote
1. resume [ri'zju:m] n. 简历
2. do sb. a favor 给某人恩惠,帮某人的忙
3. have nothing to do with 跟……没有关系
4. well-rounded ['wel'raundid] adj. 全面的;多才多艺的
5. give a good impression to sb. 给某人留一个好印象
小贴士
1. i graduated from fn language department of qinghua uy in 2011.
我在2011年毕业于清华大学外国语学院。
2. business english is my major.
我的专业是商务英语。
也可以这样说:
i majored in business english.
3. my sed fn language is japanese.
我的第二外语是日语。
4. i passed tem 8 and my sed fn language german has reached primary level.
我通过了全国英语专业八级考试,德语作为第二外语已经达到初级水平。
5. i was the president of the student union of our uy.
我曾担任过学校的学生会主席一职。
6. i am quite profit in english and
本章尚未读完,请点击下一页继续阅读---->>>
本章未完,点击下一页继续阅读