亏我们提前订了包间。你们看到我们后面排的那条队了吗?
julia: yeah, i'm glad that we booked the room. i'm starving!
朱莉亚:是呀,很兴我们订了这个房间。我快要饿死了。
manager: let's take a look at the menu so we order. what about choosing an appetizer for us to share?
经理:咱们先看看菜单吧,这样才好菜。你们想不想选个开胃菜一起吃?
usan: good idea.
苏珊:好主意。
manager: what would you rather have,samosas or poppadoms?
经理:你们想吃哪个?咖喱角还是印度薄饼?
usan: i heard that one of their specialties is the samosa.
苏珊:我听说他们的招牌菜之一是咖喱角。
manager: well, let's get a plate of that then. what are you going to have for the main course?
经理:哦,那咱们份咖喱角好了。你们主菜想什么?
usan: i think i might have a dahl. it's got chickpeas aables in a spicy curry sauce with rice.
苏珊:我想要一份蔬菜咖喱。就是用咖喱辣酱煮的鹰嘴豆和一些蔬菜,再上一份米饭。
julia: that sounds nice. do you want to share some kebabs as well?
朱莉亚:听起来很好吃。再来些烤串怎么样?
manager: ok. do you want to have some wine or beer?
经理:好的。你们想不想喝酒或者啤酒?
julia: i think i'll have some beer. how about the others?
朱莉亚:我要啤酒好了。其他同事呢?
usan: the same as you.
苏珊:和你一样。
ote
1. appetizer ['?pitaiz?] n. 开胃品,开胃菜
2. samosa [s?'m?us?] n. 萨莫萨饼;咖喱角
3. poppadom ['p?p?d?m] n.(通常夹着咖哩吃的)一印度薄饼
4. main course 主菜
本章未完,点击下一页继续阅读